- December 2022: Elena gives a research seminar entitled "Modelling the mechanisms of electrostatic fragmentation and self-assembly" at the Department of Chemistry, University of Sussex.
- September 2022: A rigorous analytical formalism and a numerical method for the quantitative evaluation of the electrostatic interactions between dielectric particles in an external field and in the presence of localised charge on the particle surface published in Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation.
- September 2022: Professor Peter Gill, University of Sydney, Australia, visits the group.
- July 2022: The development of Effective Hamiltonian of Crystal Field (EHCF) method for periodic systems containing transition metals published in Molecular Physics. With this contribution, we mark the Anniversary of Professor Peter Gill and celebrate 20 years of friendship.
- July 2022: Elena, Connor and Isabel attended the 12th Triennial Congress of the World Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemists (WATOC) which took place in Vancouver, Canada. Isabel presented a poster of her work on the "Prediction of gas uptake and separations in metal-organic frameworks using grand canonical Monte Carlo and machine learning methods", whilst Connor presented a poster of his work on "Electrostatic models for interactions between particles with inhomogeneous surface charge distribution and in external electrical fields". Professor Besley gave an invited communication on the groups current work regarding many-body electrostatic interactions of polarisable particles.
- June 2022: Abi Miller passed her PhD viva. Well done, Abi, and richly deserved!
- March 2022: Connor Williamson, our 2nd year PhD student, receives the Günter Lüttgens Young Scientist Award for his study "Manipulating interactions between polarisable particles with electric fields: A general electrostatic many-body framework".
The award was presented to Connor by the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE) at the International Conference on Electrostatics 2022, which took place in Wroclaw, Poland. Connor was presented with the award for a high-quality presentation of his work and for his notable contributions to the field of industrial electrostatics.
- January 2022: Elena appointed on the Editorial Board of Nano Letters.